Pre-registration and Confirmation
You may pre-register for the conference online with the registration form available at https://nysaflt.org/annual-conference-2022/. Please note cut-off dates, fee schedules, and refund information on the registration form. Confirmation of conference registration will be made by email only to the address you provide on your form. If you do not receive a confirmation email, it may be in your spam folder. If you are unable to locate our confirmation email, let us know and we’ll resend it.
Arrival and Conference Check-in
Conference materials (programs, badges, banquet tickets) will be pre-packaged for those participants who have pre-registered and will be available at the conference registration desk in the Hyatt. The registration booth will be open during the Annual Conference from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Friday and 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. on Saturday.
Program Overview and Schedule at a Glance
The Annual Conference will run from Friday morning 8:30 a.m. through Saturday afternoon 4:00 p.m.:
- Three-hour, ticketed workshops are scheduled for Friday only, 8:30–11:30 a.m. A separate $35 fee applies.
- Regular 60-minute sessions begin Friday afternoon. There are three 60-minute session time slots on Friday and five on Saturday.
- The General Session, Annual Business Meeting, and Keynote Address will be held Saturday morning from 10:00–11:00 a.m.
- Exhibits: The exhibit area will be open Friday immediately after lunch and in the morning on Saturday.
- Recognitions of the year’s scholarship, grant, and award winners will take place during Friday’s lunch.
- A special event honoring former Executive Director John Carlino will be held Friday evening before the Banquet.
- Our Annual Awards Banquet will be held Friday evening.
- Our Service Award Luncheon will be Saturday.
Attendees at the conference are asked to WEAR THEIR BADGES AT ALL TIMES. You will not be permitted to attend workshops or enter the exhibit hall without your name badge.
Schedule and Locations
All workshops and sessions, unless otherwise noted, will be held in the Hyatt Regency or Riverside Convention Center, Rochester, NY. The schedule will be determined prior to the Annual Conference and will be posted at https://nysaflt.org/annual-conference-2022/. Please note that the listing of workshops and sessions is subject to change. All attendees are asked to be at sessions and workshops on time and to remain until the end. Please silence your cell phone while in workshops.
Exhibitors are present for consultation and to demonstrate and/or sell their materials, which include texts, journals, digital media, literature, games, fundraisers, authentic resources, travel services, and more. Most exhibitors accept cash, checks, or credit cards. The grand opening of the exhibit hall will be after lunch, 12:30–1:00 p.m., on Friday, followed by a coffee break at 3:30 p.m. and our traditional wine and cheese hour Friday evening 4:45–5:30 p.m. On Saturday, the exhibit hall will be open 8:30–11:30 a.m. Participants will have ample opportunity to examine a variety of materials. Raffles for valuable prizes will be held in the exhibit hall.
Directions and Parking
Parking for guests will be in the South Ave Garage, which is attached to the Hyatt. Hyatt guests get a discounted rate of $12 per night during their stay, with unlimited in and out access.
Day parking is subject to prevailing rates in the garage, which is owned and operated by the City of Rochester.