- to promote the acquisition of languages and the exploration of cultural products, practices, and perspectives, as well as to support articulation at all levels of instruction
- to provide opportunities for high-quality professional development and networking, by collaborating with local, state, and national organizations, while responding to the changing needs of the field
- to include and embrace multiple perspectives, fostering student growth as global multilingual citizens
- to advocate for the preservation and expansion of language acquisition programs
- to recognize excellence in the world language education field
- NYSAFLT strives to empower its members in supporting learners, as their authentic selves, on their multicultural journey to acquire languages.
For more information about NYSAFLT’s Strategic Planning goals for the future, please click here.